PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR MORTGAGE COMPANY THE DAY WORK STARTS ON YOUR HOME
Before Work Starts
- REMOVE all items from around the house where roofing debris or bundles of shingles may fall. This includes autos, patio furniture, potted plants, etc.
- REMOVE all loose or breakable items from walls and shelves including pictures, plates, keepsakes, etc. Constant hammering, walking, moving and stacking of material may create vibration, which can cause dislodging of items from walls and shelves.
- RE-DECK: The attic will be exposed while the deck is being replaced, therefore, debris will accumulate in this area. Please remove or cover with plastic any valuables which you are concerned about. This will help minimize your clean-up of the dust and debris. We are not responsible for the clean-up of the attic, so please take precautions.
- ACCESS: Please park cars, trucks, boats, etc., out of the driveway and garage. We will need access to your driveway when the materials are delivered and work is in progress.
- NOISE: Be prepared for the noise! There will be constant hammering for one or more
- CHILDREN & PETS: Please keep children and pets away from the area.
- POWER TOOLS: We will need access to electrical power as occasionally we must use power tools to cut decking or shingles. After we leave, please check circuit breakers to determine that none are tripped.
WHEN INSTALLATION OF YOUR ROOF IS COMPLETED
We will check the heating unit, hot water heater, and stove vents in the attic to make sure none have dislodged. A magnetic nail roller will be used to pick up nails that have fallen from the roof. We will try our best to pick up all of the nails; however, a few nails may remain hidden in the grass or shrubbery. We are not responsible for the clean-up of the attic.
Please note: We will not be responsible to fix any damage to A/C lines, gas lines, electrical lines, and water lines less than 4” from roof deck.