Oklahoma City Storm Repair
In Oklahoma Spring means storm season. If your property has been impacted by recent storms which included high damaging wind and hail call Statewide Roofing your Oklahoma City Storm Repair specialists.
Significant wind can cause shingles to blow off the roof deck. Missing shingles can lead to leaks and other interior damage. Other wind damage may not be easy to see, especially if the adhesive seal that provides a water-shedding surface is broken. Always be safe when checking for roof damage, If you do not feel comfortable getting on your roofing Call Statewide Roofing your Oklahoma City Storm Repair experts.
Potential signs of wind damage:
- Missing shingles
- Thin horizontal lines where granules have been worn off about 1-2 inches beneath the shingle above; this could indicate that the shingle seal was broken and the shingle was flapping in the wind rubbing against the shingle above it. To be effective against the elements, shingles must be sealed to each other as one water tight roof deck.
Potential signs of hail damage:
- Hail damage around the house; dents on cars or other items on your house or in your yard
- A distinct pattern of small round-shaped divots on the edges of the shingles
- Indentations in the shingle where granules are missing
- A large pile of granules at the end of your downspout; a small amount is normal, especially on new shingles
During some storms tree branches or other failing debris can land on your roof. Some items are small and won’t cause an issue—other items are so large that you will naturally be concerned about damage.
Potential signs of debris damage:
- Visual identification of debris on the roof deck
- Missing shingles
- Cracked shingles
- A large pile of granules at the end of your downspout; a small amount is normal, especially for new shingles
If your property has been impacted by recent storms in call the Oklahoma City Storm Repair Experts at Statewide Roofing.